Monday, April 14, 2008

The Presentation

Sofia is asleep so I am able to catch everyone up to speed. Needless to say, we were not able to sleep last night. So, I'll be brief because we are going to try to sleep while she does. Lucia came to pick us up early this morning and took us to the ICBF office. Sofia's foster mom created a scrapbook for us,including photographs taken since her birth. We were expecting her to cry or be withdrawn. However, she was very friendly, not a tear shed. Lucia's son, David, translated for us and took photos. Unfortunately, no one will see any of those precious photographs because I forgot the camera in our taxi. It has really put a damper on the day. Later, the staff at Zuetana hosted a welcome party for several of the children. We met the Hollis family. During the party Sofia wrapped her arms around my neck and gave me a hug. I couldn't believe it. She is also very content to sit with Ed. Hope the next few days go as well.

7 comments:

Genece said...

So happy to hear things went well today as you received your little baby girl Sofia! What a blessing! Yes, rest well and enjoy that little bundle of joy! Hope the dilemma with the camera turns out okay. Getting our babies makes our brains go a little fuzzy, doesn't it? We left the stroller we took at the Bogota airport luggage carousel and had to do some smooth talking to retrieve it. Wishing you luck and sending prayers.
Genece

Elene said...

I'm so glad to hear Sofia knew just where she belongs right from the start! She's found her "forever home" in you and obviously is responding already to your love and warm, welcoming energy. I am SO happy for you all.

While it's certainly disappointing, perhaps the agency can call the cab company and explain what happened? Otherwise, go shopping with princessa tomorrow and get a new one. Your on-line crowd needs photos!!! :-)

Seriously, you have a whole lifetime with Sofia for pix. You've got what REALLY matters sleeping under the same roof at last! Hooray!

XOXO
E

The Kraska Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS !!! XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Yeah! She is finally withe her new Mommy and Daddy! What great relief for you. I am sure she is precious and cannot wait to meet her. I hope the night gets better and you both get some rest. Welcome back to parenting a small child. Congratulations! Keep Smiling and look at Little Miss Sofia and just remember how lucky you all are to be a family. Thinking of you.

Lisa

rose marie said...

How wonderful to know that your first meeting with your precious Sofia went so well. What a warm and loving first meeting! You continue to be in my prayers. I'll pray for all of you that the rest of your days there will continue to go well. God Bless You! Love & Prayers,Rose Marie

D and Moni said...

Don't worry about the photos, although they are nice, sometimes i think they take away from just enjoying the moment for it's own value. You and your precious new cargo, Sofia! It sounds like she had a loving foster family, which means she will attach to your family as well. Praise God that is the case! Happy Gotcha Day!!! Keeping you in my prayers!

Adelman said...

You all must be in heaven right now! Sofia is a cutie! Hopefully we will get to meet in Bogota!
Debi