Monday morning we had our integration meeting with the officials from the ICBF. They do not really interrogate you. It is really just a meeting with the Defender of Minors. The meeting went well and they seemed pleased with the way Sofia has bonded with the two of us. They have offered their approval and now Sofia's adoption will enter the courts. Yipee! Now we play the waiting game.
Sofia has had a cold since the day she was presented to us. Last night we asked for a physician after a night of coughing. The physician came to the hotel within 30 minutes, checked her out and told us she has developed a flu bug and was teething. The doctor flushed her nose out, and prescribed some medications. This may be another contributor to her restless nights. Get this, the bill for a house call was 40,000 pesos, which is around $20 USC. How about that for a deal? Tonight, I thought I would attend a cooking class at a neighboring Zuetana. They are going to teach us to make a Colombian dish, empanadas. Being that I can not cook in America, I doubt I'll be able to master it. However, it is fun to get out for awhile.
Tomorrow is Ed's last day here with us. We thought we would join another family and go to Monserrate. You can take a tram up the Andes mountains for the best view of Bogota. It sounds like a Kodak moment huh? Well that is our update for now. Keep us in your thoughts.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
SOrry to hear that Sofia is sick. Hope she gets well soon and that your court process goes quickly so you can bring that beautiful baby home to meet the rest of her family.
Hi Ed,Peggi and Sofia!
Sorry to hear that Miss Sofia has her first cold! (Her first with her Mommy and Daddy). Hope she is feeling better and with lots of love and cuddles she will be feeling better real soon.
Peggi, I hope it was not to hard for you when Ed left! Remember you will all be together real soon. We cannot wait to see you and Miss Sofia! Let me know the arrival as soon as you know!
Thinking of you and always here for you!
Lisa
Ed, Peggi & Sofia,
Good Luck with everything! I think she is so cute and can't wait to meet her. I give you credit for being out there alone with Ed leaving. You are a brave and strong person. Be safe and I will see you when you get home.
The Landl Family
Post a Comment